Saturday, December 24, 2011

What is Autism poem

Autism (By me... seekingsunshine)

What is this thing that storms through my little guy
What is this thing that makes him want to cry
What is this thing that makes him so over stimulated
What is this thing that makes him so frustrated

Why does he not understand how others feel inside
Why does he not understand any of life’s rules
Why does he not wipe his face when it is full of drool
Why does he have so many issues at school

What is this thing that has increased dramatically throughout the years
What is this thing that can bring so many mothers and little boys to tears
What is this thing that causes my little boy’s heart to be filled with fear
What is this thing that causes him to stare but not at me

What is this thing that makes the smells to strong and lights to bright
What is this thing that makes him so afraid to sleep at night
What is this thing that is so misunderstood and diagnosed as another
What is this thing that has my son in his own little land

What is this thing that causes my son to be incontinent every day
What is this thing that causes my son to be so full of anger in a different way
What is this thing that causes him to have a face so plain
What is this thing that causes him to be so slow at making gains

What is this thing that is researched but yet the cause unknown
What is this thing that causes my boy to have feelings yet unshown
What is this thing that causes him to be stuck in the toddler years
What is this thing that causes me when thinking of his future to be filled with fear

God took extra time in finding a mother for my son as well as all the special ones
This thing is one that causes life’s to be different but not destroyed
I would never want my boy to change for then he would not be the one I came to know and love with all the help from God above
The thing that God gifted my son with is called Autism

No comments:

Post a Comment