Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sunshine (Poem)

Sunshine: by me aka Seekingsunshine

Happiness inside you
I waited so long to see
Locked inside a world of madness
You longed so long to be free

Hospitalization was the hardest thing
I ever had to do
Also the best because I found
This happy boy hiding inside of you

Seven years blessed
To be your mom
God finds it within me
To help me stay strong

He knew I would love you
Be here through your pain
Be here like sunshine
To dry up your silent cries of rain

Stable is a word
I am so scared to say
Hoping that the sunshine
Will continue to come our way

Thankful for each day
That your smile shines so bright
Hoping that it will not change
Over the next full moon night

Even if it does
I will remember
Being thankful
For what was

I love you my son
More than the stars
Bigger then the sky
Longer than from here to Mars

I will keep fighting
Along by your side
To get what you need and deserve
What is best we will decide

Hoping we make
The decisions right for you
Never wanting more rain
Trying to prevent any mistake

Raindrops and storms will again
Come our way chances are
I am hopefully praying
They are not near but afar

We will get through
What ever comes our way
Strength, patience, guidance, and wisdom
Each night we pray

Everything happens for a reason
Though the reasons often remain unknown
I will always have faith I did the best
Gave you the most love you could have been shown

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment