Friday, December 23, 2011

Life Lessons On This Journey

I have strong faith which is what keeps me going. I believe that God never gives us more than we can handle and there is a reason for everything. I know that he gave me Honeybunches because he trusted me with his care. He knew I would be a good mother. I have learned so much on this journey. He's taught me to be outspoken when I have to be. I used to be so quiet.

I've learned:

  • To speak up to get him the help he needs.
  • To be such a good advocate that others have told me I should go into doing it for a career.
  • To fight for everything he needs.
  • That I am stronger than I ever thought I was.
  • That this is a journey not a race. "It doesn't matter how fast we get there... It's the climb....(Miley Cyrus)".
  • To increase my patience.
  • A ton about mental health, autism, diagnoses, educational stuff and meds.
  • That when times are tough to never give up hope because sometimes it is all we have left and things really can get better.
  • That sometimes the hardest decisions we have to make for our children also turn out to be the best.
  • To trust that little voice inside me. I think as mother's we have an instinct. Sometimes when I was so stubborn that I did not listen to that things got bad. I think we just know when things are not right with our children.
  • To never give up on anything, especially getting our children the help they need. If things with one care professional don't seem right then seek out another one until you find a good fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment