Saturday, December 24, 2011

Is It Hard To Be Your Momma? (Poem)

Is it Hard to be Your Momma? by me aka seekingsunshine

Looking into your eyes
I know all the madness inside
That fills my little boy
With feelings in his own world he hides

I know the sunshine that you bring
Into my life sweet songs you sing
Brightening my days with sun
My regrets are none

Everything happens for a reason
The weather hearts change with every season
Seasons are your moods inside
You try so hard and true to hide

Is it hard being your mother
I was asked the other day
No it is not I did say with pride
For I see and focus on all the goodness inside

Days when you sing
Flowers you bring
Presents you make
Hugs that you take

Faith in the man above
He made you with love
Gave you to me
Because inside you I see

I see my great child
Who has hard times all the while
Living in this place
Needing his space

His smile is so bright
With those whom he shares
Hugs are so tight
Like hugging a bear

Kisses on my palm
Like his favorite book “The Kissing Hand”
Proud to be his Momma
Advocating, holding his hand

Each day I pray
That people will understand
For patience and strength
For acceptance in this land

No comments:

Post a Comment