Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Little Child (Poem)

My little child (By me aka seekingsunshine)

Go to sleep my little child
For things will get better in a little while
When the morning comes
A new day has begun

Smiles fill my heart
When to me sweet songs you sing
Nobody else knows
The joy in my heart you bring

Loving you each day and night
Seeing your body fight your brain
My heart fills with fright
As I try to stay sane

You are my little son
Only six years old
Yet your eyes show pain
That an old man knows

You tried to be good
You tell to me each day
You tried your best
Your sad uncried words say

I know that you hurt
Feel so much pain
From a body filled with madness
A heart filled with dry rain

The time is coming soon
To the hospital you should go
All the pain this makes me feel
Thinking of the day you must go

Be strong my little man
They will help you understand
Keep you safe
Is what they’ll do

Know in your heart
I love you so true
Only wanting the best for you
I have to do what they want me to

No comments:

Post a Comment