Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lady Blessing

Dh had his meeting today.  They didn't tell him when his expected date of release is like he thought they would.  Honeybunches did well for Angel while I was at college this morning.  I had to go today because I had a big test.  I was worried about him, but thankfully he didn't have any issues she said.  That all changed this afternoon.  His therapeutic mentor asked to bring him for a walk down to the pond at the highschool.  Because he had a good day today and he did fine there for me last time I said okay.  That turned out to be a big mistake!  I got a call about 45 minutes after they left saying that I needed to walk down towards the school.  As I walked up Honeybunches and his mentor were sitting there with another lady.  I was wondering who she was.  Then she introduced herself as she said "Hi I was driving by when I seen him with a big rock throwing it at her, almost hitting her head and my car so I stopped because I didn't think she could handle him herself.  I work at the school with children who have behavioral issues.  I sat with him and had him take deep breathes."  Wow.  What a blessing she was!  I explained that he has Autism and Bipolar.  She was very understanding.  She asked me if he had a counselor.  I said "Yes and he's on meds".  She said she was thinking about calling the police but didn't think they'd do much good.  (Thanks lady!) She began telling me about "If you go home and he's still unstable you can call crisis".  "Yes I know, but I don't think that's necessary."  I thanked her for stopping.  She was happy I was not mad at her because "Some parents would be".  His mentor told me that they were down at the pond.  She gave Honeybunches 4, 3, 2 and 1 minute warnings that it would be time to go.  He just "Flipped" she said.  He tore her necklace off her neck, twisted her breast, bit her arm (She has a couple nasty black and blues on her arm and was bleeding), and pinched her. While she was prying his hands off her she accidentally dug her nail into his arm so he was bleeding too. 

I got home and called his counseling agency where his pdoc works.  She's in tomorrow so I called and talked to the receptionist to inquire if the pdoc has any cancellations when she does her reminder calls tonight if she can please call me.  She said she would.  Then I also called back and left the pdoc a message telling her I talked to the receptionist plus asked pdoc for a lab slip.  I mentioned how he has been "Hyper, irritable and aggressive". Knowing her I'm pretty sure she'll call back tomorrow or talk to us when we go see his counselor in the afternoon. I had been debating calling her all week, but this was the final straw.  If his therapeutic mentor goes back to the office and tells her supervisor, they might suggest that he should have been evaluated or something.  At least by calling the pdoc, I am covering my butt and Honeybunches' butt too.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring though.  Honestly I am scared.  No, I am terrified.  I am terrified about changing his meds trying to make things better and then having them get worse instead. That's happened in the past and I really don't want that to happen again.  He's been such a "Tough cookie" to medicate.  IDK if the pdoc even knows what to do with him.  I always said to myself if the time came for med changes I'd bring him back to Tufts in Boston.  They were so awesome before, but are over a two hour drive each way.  I might just give this pdoc a change.  I have a feeling she's going to ask what I want to do though.  I like that sometimes, but other times I wish she'd give a bit of direction.

EDIT: Counseling agency receptionist called back.  Pdoc had a cancellation for tomorrow at 2 pm.  So he'll see her then and his counselor at 5.  We'll just hang around town instead of driving back and forth to save gas.  Maybe I'll make an attempt at grocery shopping to see if we can make it lol.  If not I'll find something else to make the time go by... 

No comments:

Post a Comment