Monday, April 2, 2012

DH's approved vacation

So DH got admitted today.  We called crisis services at 9:30.  First they told us they could not see him until noon time, but then called back and said they could see him earlier.  So we went to their office at about 10:30.  We were in and out of there in about 20 minutes.  They sent us to the ER so DH could get health clearance, while they searched for a bed.  Things at the hospital ER took forever!  We were there from about 10:50 until... well DH is still there now!  I had to leave at 2:30 to get Honeybunches off the bus.  Then he refused to go to the hospital with me because his uncle told him this morning he'd bring him to the library after school.  So I just drove back to bring DH his bag while my brother took him.  DH told me, finally they found him a placement.  We were hoping for a certain hospital in the city I go to college in.  Not only is it close enough I could walk there while I wait the couple hours for the bus, but that's where he usually goes.  He is a "Frequent flyer" there so they know how to do a good job with his meds and know him well.  But nope, they didn't have any beds so he is in the next closest town to where we live, but in the opposite direction.  He's been to this place before.  They have an amazing flower garden on the grounds, but the visitation sucks.  They don't allow children.  Last time we could not even visit him on the unit.  He had to wait until he was approved for a pass so we could go to the cafe and out to the garden.  Oh well.  I will be out there in that town on Wednesday because there is an awesome discount grocery store, so I hope they'll be able to work something out so maybe I could visit him.  One good thing about that place, is that his pdoc works in that town so maybe he will be able to see DH while in the phosp.  Hopefully they can fix his meds right so he is not Mr Grouch anymore.  So far today, Honeybunches is doing well for me, but it's early yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment