Sunday, April 1, 2012

Goodbyes

I just got a message from Shnooks on Facebook in response to my birthday message.  He said "Bye".  Then I wrote back and asked him what he meant by that.  He wrote back and said  how he's 18 now, off probation, doesn't have a fine to pay anymore, bye as in he is moving to Florida with his "Real family" because his gramma is sending him a plane ticket.  Yup, the gramma who abused him and neglected him so bad.  The gramma who beat him when he told her that his half brother sexually abused him.  The Gramma who whooped him with rose thorns that he showed me the scars of as he told the story with tears in his eyes shortly after we got him.  The gramma who made him kneel in the corner on rice.  The gramma who made him wear rags several inches too short for clothes although DH and I bought him new clothes that were left hanging in his closet.  The gramma who hit him with all types of objects.  The gramma who he said beat him all the time.  The gramma who Shnooks told me stories of stabbing him as he also showed me those scars all over his body.  The gramma who made a ton of broken promises just like his "Real Momma" did.  His "Real Momma" also sold his Christmas presents and birthday presents on more than one occasion to buy crack.  At least that's what Shnooks and my DH told me.  "Real Momma" was never really in his life.  "Real Momma" often told him she'd send something for his birthday.  I remember one year she even asked him what he wanted.  Then he was waiting and waiting but nothing ever came.  Yup, that's "Real". I am just the lady who took him into my house, clothed him, loved him, helped him with school, held him when he was crying, dealt with him going through puberty as he asked me for advice, cared for him, provided for him, never broke a promise, and did all I could for him.  I guess there is nothing real about that... :(   He has it in his brain that we lied to him, that his "Real mom" sent him $$$ which we never gave to him (Sometimes when we needed food or he needed clothing, shoes, school stuff or something we didn't but we'd buy him something with the $$ instead of letting him spend it foolishly).  He has it in his brain that they sent him tons of $$ when that is so far from the truth.  We can count on one hand the times they've sent him things and it was not more than $20 at a time. They really have him brainwashed... Oh well.  I played messaging games with him for a while tonight then finally I was the one to say "Bye" and that I hope he has a good life.  I told him I'm done trying.  There are some things in life I will NEVER understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment