Friday, August 10, 2012

Concerning Imaginary Games

The past couple weeks have been going really good for Honeybunches.  His behaviors have been good.  No major aggression, tempers or rages.  He's been in the "Sunshine" as we call stability for a little while again since his last Lithium raise. 

There has been something both good and concerning though.  The good part is that he's begun doing imaginary play!!! That's a big thing for him because he has always been so literal and never really used his imagination even when he was younger.  It's a great step that he is now.  What's concerning is the way he's using it.  His beanie babies and webkinz get shot and raped by other ones.  I strongly believe he gets this all from one of the only shows he'll watch lately "Law and Order SVU".  Yeah not the best choice for a child I am learning.  It's literally about the only thing he will watch though.  I am thinking I may have to try hard to get him more interested in Sponge Bob and Icarly again.  I had a talk with him and told him that he can't play the rape games.  Even with it coming from television, if he goes to school in a couple weeks playing those games it might not go over so well.... no I know it won't go over so well with a new principal and counselor.  I believe they would not hesitate to call DCF about that and file a report.  I figured I'd deal with one situation at a time and figured the animals raping each other took priority over them shooting each other.  I'll deal with that in a couple days.  Since I've told him no more rape games, they have stopped doing that.

I asked him one day if he knew what raped meant.  He told me to look it up on Google lol.  He had no clue, except that's what he heard on Law & Order.  Then I began explaining that it means forcing somebody to have sex.  Then he had no clue what sex was.  I almost got in over my head and wasn't ready for that conversation yet so I figured I'd stop there.  I know one day I'll have to have "The Talk" but not yet.  He has no interest in girls, sex, or anything like that yet. 

All his animals get from the police (Which is he's the officer) is time out.  I told him his animals could go to jail for life for shooting.  Maybe I should try taking one away telling him that no shooting is allowed here?  Maybe that would work.  Sometimes honestly I wonder how much of what goes on with him could be genetic.  I guess the raping stuff bothers me more because his bio sperm donor was very aggressive in many ways with me that I don't want to get into. Let me just say the things he used to do to me have me concerned for Honeybunches' future as I hope he gets enough help early on that he doesn't turn out like him. Thankfully my DH came back into our lives (We were married before from 1998-2000 then married again in 2002) when he was 3 weeks old and has been Daddy ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment