Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dear Dad: Thanks for the peaches!

Dad, I think you'd be proud of Mom and I today.  There were a ton of recently fallen peaches under the tree and many ripe ones on it.  Being resourceful as you  always were we peeled, cut, and froze a huge strainer full of them.  We each have a huge zip lock freezer bag full of peaches for later use. Mom was saying you should have lived one more year to see them.  We both think you can see them from heaven and I think you gave them to us because last year there was only 1 peach.  This year there are literally 100+. Dad, even Natasia likes your peaches and she hates the ones in the can.  I miss you each day, but I want you to know we are okay.  Mom is doing better and not as sad these days.  I know this weekend will be hard for her though as it would have been your 40th anniversary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment