Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Catch of the day!

Honeybunches loves catching little critters.  He is really good at it too.  He catches butterflies, dragon flies, frogs, snakes and other wildlife with ease.  Yesterday while I was gone shopping with my mother DH took Honeybunches for a walk to the local middle/high school where there is a small pond.  He caught a bat in his old Cool Whip container!  I got home and he told me he caught a bat!  He tried to show it to me. 

I had to tell him that is one animal he can NOT catch as they are very dangerous. I had to warn him that if he gets bit by that he'll have to go to the hospital and get rabies shots that hurts really bad. Gramma told him it can kill the cats. Yikes! I had him throw the bowl in the bush and run. He gently took the cover off and put the bowl down. Thankfully it didn't seem to mind. I told him it will fly away in the night time. Phew! My boy has a gift with little creatures.

I had my excitement for the day. The doc called me back herself instead of a nurse calling. Then the doc said she had to call DPH. Then she called me back to say they'd be calling me. She called back again to see if they called. (By that point I was getting concerned b/c she seemed to be.) DPH called and I told him what happened. He said "That was the catch of the day!" lol at least he had a sense of humor. He said since Honeybunches only touched it's wing there is low risk. He said rabies and other bat diseases are spread through bat scratches, bites or even their saliva. He thinks Honeybunches is safe and won't need shots. Phew! He did take down my address for some reason though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment