Saturday, July 7, 2012

Honeybunches 10th Birthday Party

Today was Honeybunches 10th birthday party.  He invited all the 10 children in his class plus a couple more.  Earlier in the week I got a phone call from one mother who said her son was coming.  His party began at 2.  He waited around for them until 2:30.  Not one of his friends came, not even the one whose mother said he was. :(  Sometimes I think that bothers me more than him, but this year he actually seemed a bit heartbroken. I am heartbroken for him or shall I say along with him.  I wonder if he were in a regular class if things would be different?  Would more friends come then? I see the neighbors and how they have birthday parties. Cars line up the street as far as we can see.  I admit I am a bit jealous.  I wish that Honeybunches could have friends at his birthday parties too.  Maybe next year we might try his party in June.  Maybe then more people would come?  With the 4th of July being in the middle of the week, maybe people went away this weekend.  Hey maybe it's better to think that they had some good excuse instead of that children just didn't want to come or even worse, that their parents didn't want them to.  Tears fill my eyes and want to roll down my face, but they are stuck.  I won't allow them to.  I want to say that Honeybunches had a good time celebrating his birthday with his aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, DH and I, but the truth is IDK.  IDK how he feels in his heart. His sister Princess was sweet.  She used her own hard earned newspaper money to buy him a Zhu Zhu pet for his birthday.  He also got two fishing poles, one from each aunt that was in attendance.  Another aunt gave him $$ which he bought a Fire Truck off Amazon with.  Gramma gave him $$ which he put with the gift card to Walmart I gave him.  IMO his best gift came from God who gave him ten years on this Earth.  These ten years have gone by fast.  Tomorrow he will officially be double digits.  Although these years were not easy all the time, I would not change my Honeybunches and every moment I've had with him.  He's taught me so much in life.  When he opened my gift card, he asked who it was from.  I told him from me.  Then he said "Awww come here, let me give you a hug".  I leaned forwards and he gave me one of the biggest hugs.  He sure does give the best ones I've ever been blessed with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment