Monday, July 2, 2012

Camping with no vehicle

This was a camping trip to remember!  DH dropped Honeybunches, myself and a big load of stuff off at the campground.  Then he was going back to get Princess, Angel and a bit more stuff.  He didn't make it very far.  The truck got stuck on the highway!  We called my brother who came to the campground to pick me and Honeybunches up.  Then we went to meet DH on the highway.  He said he seen three State Police who stopped at different times to see if he needed assistance.  I guess they were pretty nice and went on their way.  So I went there and waited for AAA while Dh went home with Honeybunches and my brother.  The verdict on the vehicle is that it needs about $1300 of work including a new engine, some converter things, and more.  Yikes!  IDK if we are going to get it fixed or look for another used one.  We'll think on it for a few days.  Anyways, my brother is such a blessing.  He drove us back to the campground on Saturday and picked us up this afternoon so at least we got 2 of the 4 nights we paid for.  It was a great get-a-way and break from reality.  I love being out in the woods.  It's like when we are there the world just stops for a few days.  Honeybunches loves it too.  He literally spends hours searching for frogs, knewts, lizards and this time fishing.  He made a friend!!! There was this boy only looked to be maybe a year older than Honeybunches who taught him how to fish.  He spent many hours with that boy.  Princess and I got to spend some much needed Mommy-Daughter time.  Angel stayed home.  She doesn't really care much for camping these days.  At 16, her friends are the #1 thing in her life.  I missed her, but she stayed with Gramma b/c there was limited room in my brother's car.  She really didn't seem to mind lol. 

I had to call some of Honeybunches' providers today to see if we can arrange things.  His counselor is only a half hour away.  I called to see if she could possibly change the time she sees him so we could take the bus.  His GI doc is over an hour away and his Developmental Behavioral Pedi is over two hours away.  I called his primary care doc to see if she could fill out a PT-1 form which is a prescription for transportation so his insurance can give us rides to those.  Later this week he has his dentist appointment, which is a half hour away but we can take a bus too.  Honeybunches might think that's fun lol.  I hope that he does so the day will go easier.  Honeybunches missed today at his program.  My plan was to bring him back from the campground for it, but we didn't have the vehicle.  I signed Princess up for a Summer program too.  They have one in the next town for really cheap.  She's all excited about that.  We'll find a way for her to get there.  My brother said we can use his car.  I offered to give him gas $$.  It's going to really suck without having a vehicle, especially with all Honeybunches appointments out of town. He's been seeing his counselor since he was 3-4 years old.  Hopefully she can work with us to change his appointments so he can continue seeing her.  He did awesome camping.  Not one issue presented itself. :)  1.1 really is our magic #.

No comments:

Post a Comment