Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Today's Lesson On Why Honeybunches Needs His Meds

This morning when Honeybunches woke up I went to give him his meds like I always do.  He asked me to wait until after he ate breakfast because if he takes them 1st then eats "Breakfast tastes nasty".  That was something new.  So I gave him his breakfast, took a bath, and did all that other morning stuff.  Then we drove Princess to her Summer Playground Program.  Well on the way there he was wrapping the middle seat belt around his neck trying to choke himself, hitting Princess, trying to bite her and having a really hard time controlling his body.  At one point Princess even asked him "Did you take your meds"?  She could tell.  I was wondering myself.  So we got home at 9 am and I looked in his med box.  Sure enough his morning meds were still there for today.  Bad Mommy move for the day!  I gave them to him and the rest of his day was just perfect.  He usually has them at 6:45 or 7 am so it's interesting how only two hours late can make such a huge difference but it surely did.

He had a great appointment at counseling.  He used his brain a lot.  He was more focused then usual.  They were playing Emotional BINGO.  He draws the feelings cards.  Then she has him either say what the feeling means or use it in an example sentence.  For example "Frustrated is when_____" or "When ____________ happens ___________ might be frustrated".  He did amazing answering the majority of them.  When he didn't know he tried to think and would tell her he had no idea or he'd try to make up a situation anyways.  That was another one of his best counseling sessions ever IMO.

Yesterday morning we went to the lab to get Honeybunches' blood work.  He did fine with the help of his favorite lab tech.  Well today I noticed there were three missed calls from the hospital we got it done at.  I called them back to see what they wanted, thinking it had to be the lab.  First the lady was pretty rude saying she could only give the info to the patient.  I had to tell her I was his mother and he was only ten lol.  Finally she put me on hold, did some investigating and found out that they had to cancel two of his tests because they didn't have enough blood.  So we have to go back on Thursday for more fasting blood work.  Ugh.  Twice a week might be too much for him.  I hope his favorite lab lady is working again.  This could get expensive for Momma though.  Each time we get his blood work I have to pay him $1-2 for doing a good job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment