Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer is here!

On Wednesday Honeybunches had his appointment with the pdoc.  This was the appointment I thought we were going to have to be prepared for with med changes in mind.  I thought we were going to have to change his Abilify to Geodon, as this is what the pdoc and I discussed previously when I called her about his Tardive Dyskinesia symptoms.  I researched, asked in my online support groups and found out everything I could about Geodon. 

Then the appointment came.  She was impressed with how great Honeybunches is doing.  These past couple weeks he began using his imagination!  That's right, my boy with Autism has begun using his imagination!!! He plays police, which is one of his favorite games as he loves arresting people and his stuffed animals. Now he has an imaginary boss who he has to call to check in with, get orders from, etc.  This is HUGE for him!!!

Thankfully on the higher dose of 1 mg Cogentin twice a day and the lowered dose of 1/2 tab 10 mg Abilify per day his TD symptoms are gone for now.  The pdoc suggested that we also give him 1200 units of Vitamin E per day because I guess that's supposed to help with TD too.  That's on my agenda to research today. 

It's been horribly hot here, in the mid to upper 90s for the past two days.  Today is supposed to be nasty hot too again in the 90s.  We've been giving him a Gatorade/PowerAde every day and thankfully getting him to drink water has not been a problem.  He loves playing outside and refuses to stay in all day, but thankfully yesterday he was fine with coming in for frequent breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment