Monday, June 4, 2012

Honeybunches random wanderings...

Things with Honeybunches have been going better than I expected on the lowered Abilify.  His symptoms of Tardive Dyskinesia have subsided or at least are not as noticeable.  I have been trying really hard to get our family to eat dinner every night again.  That's something we did previously at least 5 nights a week.  A couple months ago Honeybunches decided he didn't want to wait until 5 pm to eat dinner anymore.  Interestingly it was around the time of the time change, but that doesn't really explain it because the time went forward not backwards.  IDK.  Anyways, every night he wants to eat dinner at 4 pm.  Trying to make him wait sends him into lots of fussing and sometimes aggression with the dog, because the dog can sense when Honeybunches is frustrated and begins barking.  The barking frustrates Honeybunches even more because it overstimulates him.  I tried negotiating and letting him eat at 4:30, but then his sister was not home so we didn't eat together again tonight.  I will come up with some type of resolution.  4 pm seems too early for everyone to eat dinner.  It's not like I make the boy starve lol.  He has a snack when he gets home from school at 3:10.  IDK if I should just make him fuss and deal with the meltdowns I know will come for a few days... or just let this be one battle I chose not to pick.  Hmmm? 

Honeybunches has been having mostly good days at school, according to what his communication book has been stating.  Today he had an interesting incident.  The book states "He had a great morning however he became upset after lunch, bolted from the room, ran to the 3rd grade wing, went into a random locker, took a bottle of water out of it and dumped it on the floor".  When he got home I asked him why he did that.  Of course he answered with his favorite common phrase "I don't know".  Then I asked him if he was scared of something, upset, scared, or frustrated.  "I don't know" he again answered.  I guess that's part of his Expressive-Receptive Language Disorder or Autism.  I asked him to point to the picture on his feelings chart that was how he felt.  He refused.  I will probably never know why he ran out.  I wonder what made him upset? It gets hard sometimes not knowing what goes on in his little brain. 

Only 7 1/2 more days of school this year.  This Wednesday I have Honeybunches' IEP meeting to go over his Summer Planning and next years placement.  Next Thursday is the last day of school and the day we go on our 1st camping trip of the year.  Oh how I love camping!  There is something about the woods that calms Honeybunches and is so relaxing to me.  He can spend hours out in the wilderness searching for lizards, frogs, knewts, butterflys, turtles and whatever other creatures we find.  I love this campground.  We got reservations at our favorite campsite too!  There is a loop across from us where he can ride his scooter, plenty of room to run around, and a nature trail with lots of woods right across from us too.  An added bonus is it's very close to the bathrooms which makes it less frightening at night for DH lol.  My man from the Bronx in a small very woodsy campground is interesting.  He always does something that makes me laugh! Camping is our cheap vacation as it's only $12 per night to go to state campgrounds.  The food we make doesn't cost any more than regular grocery shopping would.  Of course we bring Honeybunches' favorite cuisine: Oriental Flavor Ramen Noodles, Apples and Peanut Butter and Lite Life Smart Dogs. 

DH has been doing better these days... for now anyways, knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment