Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 1 of Summer Program

Today was the 1st day of Honeybunches' Summer Program.  As I mentioned previously, this week was just him and the tutor 1:1.  He went from 9-12.  Mr M said he made it until about 11:45 but then began pinching and kicking him.  Before that he worked hard.  I asked Honeybunches why.  He said "I had enough".  I asked if he was mad at Mr M.  He said "No".  DH thinks that maybe he doesn't want to be at the program while the other children are free to do what they want with their Summers.  IDK. This week is more learning stuff, but from my understanding next week is going to be more social skills.  The Summer Enrichment Program begins for other children next week.  Next week there will be one other boy working with Mr M and Honeybunches.  I'm curious to see how that goes. I never know what to do sometimes.  At the beginning of this year when we had his IEP meeting back in October Mrs Understanding said that Honeybunches regressed with his reading a bit over last Summer.  I didn't want that to happen again this year so pushed for tutoring.  When I picked him up he looked so sad.  I never know what is the right thing to do and what isn't.  Sometimes what I think is best might not be, or at least might not seem to be at the time.  I guess we'll see how the rest of this week goes and how things go next week when other children are in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment