Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Vegan Corn Muffins

Vegan Corn Muffins: Again I admit this is not my own recipe, but I forgot where I found it...

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 Tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
  • 2 T water
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 Cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 cup soy, almond or coconut milk (Coconut milk cooks up lightest, almond makes it more thick).
  • 1/4 cup oil, magerine or applesauce (I prefer this with magerine.  Applesauce makes this recipe fat free).
DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a small bowl, wisk egg replacer and water together.  Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. 
  3. Add nondairy milk and corn oil to the mixture and wisk well.
  4. Add wet ingredients to the dry.  Stir just enough to mix.  
  5. Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 to 2/3 full.  
  6. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment