Thursday, January 5, 2012

Forgotten Aggression

Honeybunches had a bit of a rough time tonight for the 1st time in a while.  I mean it's been many months since we've had incidents like this.  He had a bloody nose that lasted about 20 minutes.  It was bleeding so heavy I was seriously thinking about taking him to the ER.  Then it stopped.  He said it was probably bleeding because he picked it on the bus on the way home from school.  Lovely LOL.  Within about a minute he:
  • Threw sugar on the floor.
  • Hit princess
  • Pulled her hair
  • Hit her with my key chain
  • Threw a can of cooking spray at her head
He is so quick.  When I came he said "Guess I need to go in time out" and went without a problem.  He did all this probably because he locked the door to his and my rooms.  Princess tried to take the keys from him to open it.  He got angry because of that we are thinking.  This is the 1st time he's been that aggressive in a long while.  Princess was crying.  Although she is older than him, he used to get the best of her.  She's so good with him and never aggressive back.  It used to break my heart... as it did this evening.  :(


FORGOTTEN AGGRESSION: (Another original poem by me that I just wrote..)

Terror inside your body
Used to fill us with fright
I hope that the days don't return
The ways I seen tonight

The only difference is that you were in control
Which never happened in the past
Either way, I hope it goes
And is not here to last

Hating the heartache and pain
Of watching you lose what you've gained
Skills we worked so hard to teach
Sometimes seem like they've been washed down the drain

Other day's you're here with us
Smiling, laughing and such a delight
All within one day
You can move so fast from the biggest hugs so tight

To causing me to hope these days are not here to stay
My little man you've come too far
To turn back to the old ways
Things were different then they used to be

Much quicker the aggression came and went away
Hopefully tomorrow's a brighter day
Still on days like this I get scared
My heart hurts like a razor blade shattering it deep inside

My eyes are sad but refuse to cry
For then I would be accepting this is how things are going to be
When at least now your body is free
From the rage inside and the thoughts that used to make you want to die

Today was not a rage
IDK if that is better or worse
You were in control it seemed to me
Not under the command of the man in your belly that used to be

Still watching you struggle
Is never an easy task
Praying and hoping the good times
Will come back to last

Hating to see my Princess be filled with sorrow
I shall go to sleep soon
For there is always the hope
Of a brighter tomorrow

I think things today were more of his Autism then his BP.  It's hard to know sometimes with all his alphabet soup going on.  He was in control.  One good sign is that he realized that what he did was wrong because he knew he needed to go in time out.  That's a big accomplishment for him.  He has a very hard time understanding how his actions affect others and often doesn't understand what he did was wrong.  Today he understood at least that it was wrong.  He does not seem to get the connection about how his sister felt yet though which is something we continue working on.  In his brain.... he loves locking the door.  He must have gotten very upset when she took the keys from him.  I guess he may need more 1:1 attention at home.  Since he's been doing so well, I admit I am guilty of not being right on him as much as I should be.  :( </3

No comments:

Post a Comment