Friday, January 13, 2012

Hard

I get so sick of people asking me and commenting about how...
  • "It must be so hard...."
  • "You've had it rough..."
  • "Oh I am so sorry you've gone through all this with him..."
And all that mess!  Yesterday the doctors, residents and students in Boston said how it must be so hard and how I've been dealt a rough hand with Honeybunches.  I said "Well some might see it that way" and "I don't think so because he was given to me for a reason".  They just looked at me puzzled.  That is how I feel.  I am not sorry I am his Momma.  I am not sad this is the hand I was dealt.  I don't look at it as being hard to be his Momma, caregiver, advocate and whatever other roles I play.  I look to him as a blessing.  I believe that there is a reason I was chosen to be his Momma.  In fact, that brought to my mind a couple articles I really love: And Then God Created This Mother and Some Mothers are Chosen By God.

I really do think that God takes extra time in finding parents/caregivers for the children who need a little "Extra" in life and for the "Special" ones.  I think that everything happens for a reason and that I am his Momma for a reason.  Sometimes I think it's a blessing, but I must admit when he was struggling... just like the quote from Mother Theresa says "I know that God will not give me anything I can not handle.  I just wish he did not trust me so much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment