Thursday, December 6, 2012

Honeybunches Snooping and Goodness

Things with Honeybunches have been going awesome.  Although his teacher has been out of school since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving because of a serious back injury (Where she herniated and slipped some discs) and won't be in until at least next week, Honeybunches has been doing awesome.  Of course there has been a bit of testing, but nothing major.  At home things have been going well with him too.  The worst thing that happened is that he snooped at what I bought him for Christmas, but that's a typical childhood thing.  This generation has it easier.  Here is how it works:
  1. Wait for Mommy to get in her morning bath.
  2. When Daddy goes into the room rush to the computer. 
  3. Check what is in Mommy's Ebay Purchase History. 
  4. When you hear Mommy coming, close the windows real quick, tell her "I was not doing anything... I didn't see anything, only the thing I ordered." 
Okay, maybe the telling on himself gave it away lol.  I had a bad Mommy moment and told him I should cancel all those things I bought him.  I had told him not to go on my Ebay.  He usually does to look for stuff and to track where the things he orders are.  He gets $5 for helping Gramma put the garbage cans out to the curb each week.  That's how he spends it 99% of the time. Now I am more careful, locking the computer or switching user before I walk away. I've been making him go on his own user name. I'll just be sure to mark those presents as "From: Mom and Dad" lol.

My little man, at 10 years old, still believes in Santa.  I say let him believe as long as he wants to.  I love the Christmas season and Christmas music.  This is my favorite month of the year.

I had Honeybunches parent-teacher conference over the phone yesterday.  His teacher is so impressed with all the progress he's making.  She talked more about his transition to the new school next year.  She thinks we should arrange for him to go to the new school about 4-5x before the end of this school year.  She said maybe beginning in April or May we'll bring him there for about an hour or so a few different times so he can sit in on what will be his new class, meet his teacher, see the school, etc. 

Honeybunches has been a loving boy with lots of hugs lately.  The past few weeks have been smooth with him. (Knock on wood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment