Thursday, December 13, 2012

IEP + What aide said = Momma Bear Not Happy!

So Honeybunches brings me his Home-School Communication Book as he says:
"Mom Mrs T is not going to be on the bus one day.  She said either I have to do a good job or get a ride that day."  That got Momma Bear out of hybernation LOL. 

I told him I'll give him a ride that day.  Then I wrote his teacher a bitchy email.  Well, I tried to be nice lol... I said "Mrs T has not told me, but (Honeybunches) mentioned to me that "One of these days Mrs T is not going to be on the bus.  She said either I have to do a good job on the bus or get a ride."  I would rather just give him a ride that day.  Could you let me know which day she won't be there?"

Then after thinking for a few more minutes I wrote another email:
"Also his IEP states 1:1 aide will ride the bus with (Honeybunches) to and from school." If Mrs T is not going to be there on certain days, there should be a replacement or she should talk to me in advance to see if I would mind bringing and/or picking him up on that day.  She can't just expect him to do a good job without one because that is against what his IEP states.  I don't think it's fair to say that he either has to do a good job or get a ride when 1:1 aide on the bus is in his IEP.  Of course, this is coming from (Honeybunches) words, which may or may not be what was really said.  Anyways, I just wanted to clarify which day she won't be on the bus.  Whatever day it is she's not going to be there, I will bring him.  That's not my issue.  It's the principle of things.  I already told (Honeybunches) I will drive him.  I'm just writing to clarify what was said to him and let you all know that if what he said is the words she used, I have issues with that because it goes against his IEP."




No comments:

Post a Comment