Saturday, March 23, 2013

Marvelous Marbles





So plan #1 didn't work so well.  We moved on to plan #2 which we called Marvelous Marbles.  I made a "Marvelous Bag" with items I found at Walmart on clearance for about $1 a piece.  I got him some envelopes, white board crayons, a spider ball, stretch elastic ring things that were only a quarter for a pack, Reese's cups (He loves them but we never usually buy candy so that will be a special treat), a keychain and a few other items I found for around a dollar each or less. (Yeah, sometimes he loves things that other children don't like envelopes and keychains.) This version is much simpler. I can change up the coupons, so when I feel like he might be ready to go on outings again I can add them in on the reward coupons. Next time I might make police or ambulance coupons.
He was getting confused with how I had the last one where we'd tally up by 5s. This one will be simpler for him so he can just check off a box along with each marble he earns.

With the Checker Chart things began not going so well rather quickly.   Going on all those outings was not working well. He held me hostage at the railroad tracks, refusing to get back in the vehicle because I would not let him buy something at the store. Then he got angry because he chose the railroad tracks as part of the incentive he earned, but then after we were there for about 10 minutes he changed his mind and wanted to go for a walk instead.  He tried pinching my hand and was ready to hit me with the snow scraper if I didn't get it out of his hands in time. That was not a very fun trip. :(  Here are the coupons I made:



That is the reason why I came up with this new plan instead. Princess helped me name it.  I wanted something that flowed well with marbles.  She came up with the Marvelous Marbles.  I loved the way it sounded.  We also began a new computer sign up time sheet at home today.  Honeybunches was not very happy about that.  He was often trying to control the computer it seemed.  He'd kick people off to just go on for five minutes.  Princess was rarely getting turns.  It wasn't fair.  Now on school days they can each pick 2 one hour slots and on no school days they can pick 3 slots.  I wrote it on paper and placed that in a plastic sleeve so we can circle the time slot next to the names.  That frustrated him today the 1st time he learned about it.  He became a bit aggressive because of it.  Hopefully after a few days things will calm down with that too.  He hates changes and new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment