Thursday, March 7, 2013

SPED Director Advocate and Momma Was Right...

Today I was surprised to get a nice hand-written letter from the SPED Director in the mail!  It said "Thank you for serving on the PAC.  Having officers is required for the DOE audit - and I am grateful to you for doing this.  Today it was great to see you and even better to hear of the wonderful progress (Honeybunches) has made.  Although I will retire in September, do know that I will be happy to advocate for you and (Honeybunches) in the future (Anytime, if needed) at no charge...." and he gave me his home phone # saying to keep it for future reference!  That's awesome.  I don't think it's possible to get a better advocate than a retired SPED Director and even better yet... for free! 

Honeybunches pdoc called me again on Monday.  His Lithium level was only .7 at his last blood draw.  I told her that he'd need the ER version in order for his level to go up.  For some reason, the regular Lithium seems to go right through him.  So now he's on 450 of the ER version.  We have to get his blood drawn again in about two weeks.  Yesterday and today he's taken the Geodon only in the morning.  Tomorrow he's done it altogether.  Then he'll be on the Lithium ER, Seroquel, Tenex and Clonidine for his psych meds.  There was no school today because it was a snow day although it didn't begin snowing until this afternoon.  Honeybunches has been irritable most of the day, but did well at counseling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment