Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Honeybunches Lip Puckering

The lip puckering stuff is even worse today. I wrote to pdoc giving her another update, but still haven't heard from her. I know she's going on vacation sometime this month. Maybe it's this week. I timed him at 3 separate intervals today for two minutes each. 1st time he had 58 lip puckers. 2nd time was 63 and 3rd time was 48. That is not good. I worry most about the social aspects of that continuing to happen for him. What will the children at school think? He doesn't even realize he's doing it. It happens when he's talking, eating, standing, sitting, on the computer and anything else. That doesn't seem to change it at all. It's getting a bit concerning because although he had Tardive Dyskinesia on the Abilify, I don't remember the lip puckering being this frequent. That time he also did tongue stuff, that he's not doing yet. I asked pdoc how long the Cogentin should take to work if it's going to. He had a pretty good day at school. He did have a couple smaller incidents there. (Went on the preschool structure "He knew he should not have been on". Then another time where he got really mad, slammed his Ipad on the table, teacher said something, then hestormed out of the room and put himself in the time out space. After that he was okay the rest of the day his book says. At home so far, he was a bit irritable right after school, but seems okay now. He went for a walk with his oldest sister "Angel" (dd16) and did well.

 I just got an email from Honeybunches teacher. Part of it said: "Hi I forgot to write in his book today that his lips were moving constantly all day (the lip puckering) (1:1 aide) took data through out the day the worst one was 57 times in a minute. It seemed like it was interfering with his speech today. A couple of times, I had a very hard time understanding what he said...." another part said "His mood swings seem to be a little more stable he has been in a very good mood the last couple of days. He even let me hug him this morning. Although he was a little upset with me this afternoon when he slammed theI-Pad down on his desk and I took it and said in a very firm voice that is not how we take care of the I-pads. I think he was more surprised than anything. He made a be-line to the time-out room. When he came back he was fine. I made sure I praised him for acting appropriately in the classroom when he came back. Overall he had a very good day..." His teacher is good because she is also cautious about the Lithium being higher, asked if he needs to be drinking more water and if they should begin using his sunscreen now that the weather is a bit nicer.

I wrote to the pdoc about both the frequent incidences I've noticed, what the school noticed as well as what the 2nd opinion pdoc said yesterday.  I'm still waiting for a reply.  

No comments:

Post a Comment