Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Behavioral System



















Above are pictures of a new behavioral system I'm implementing.  I asked people in an online group I belong to as well as got some other ideas from looking up Token Economies plus from a couple people on my Facebook page.  I combined them into something that might work better for Honeybunches.  Basically today I went to a local thrift shop, where I found all the incentives above for $5. (Yeah I know some of it might look interesting like the roll of paper, cards, calendar and other papers, but he likes different things.)  They didn't have marbles as somebody else suggested using, but I found some checkers (From checker games which probably didn't have all the pieces but will work excellent for this purpose) which can replace them with the same principle.  I made the checker behavior jar from a pickle jar I cleaned well, de-stinked and disinfected then decorated. In case you can't see 30 minutes = 1 checker for each successful behavior... 5 checkers earns 30 minutes of computer time or 30 minutes of the Netflix box... 15 checkers earns watch Netflix box with Mom or Dad; Play game with Mom or Dad; Arts and crafts project with Mom or sister; 45 minutes of computer time... 30 checkers earns go for a walk with Mom, Dad or sister dd16; 1 hour of computer time; go to train tracks for 5 minutes; print 2 papers.... 75 checkers earns go to train tracks, airport or jumptown for 20 minutes; Help Mommy plan dinner menu for one night next week; Bake a special snack with Mom; Pick something from prize box... 150 checkers earns going to the park in nice weather; June-August go to beach if hot enough; Go to buy a donut, Mc Donald's or other special outing; Go to Dollar Tree on next counseling day. 

 He will earn the checkers, but not have them taken away. That's one thing everyone agreed on that gave me their ideas. The way I'm going to do it, he can earn up to 3 checkers every half hour to start with if he does all the 3 behavior rules. As he keeps doing well, he can keep earning bigger incentives. For example when he gets the 5 checkers he can pick something from that category. If he keeps doing well and works up to 10 then he can pick from that one. The same all the way up. I'm not going to make him wait and save his checkers for the bigger prizes, but as long as he continues to do well he'll keep going up. Then when he gets to the 150, he'll pick a choice from there and then begin the cycle again at 5 checkers. 


The time chart of when he can collect his checkers and incentives. He gets home at 3:15 on school days so then it's going to go 3:45, 4:15 and every half hour from there until 7:15. On no school days it will begin at 6:00 then 6:30 and every half hour until 7 pm. I also made a tally chart I made to keep track of how many checkers he gets up to 150. Then it will begin at 5 again after he gets a big reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment