Thursday, October 18, 2012

Seeking Sunshine

This just came to my brain. Sometimes I think in poetry...

Seeking sunshine is something we always do
Having to do more than we ever hoped we'd have to
Some decisions that make our hearts tear
Sometimes getting them more help then we can bare

It's nice to have others who have truly been there
To rejoice in the good times
Support us, guide us, and help us through the bad
Until the rolleroaster comes to a stop at the launch pad

Never knowing when it will start up again
The most unpredictable ride in this world we are on
Buckling up seatbelts for the ride of our lives
Seeking an end we continue to strive

Striving to get our children the help that they need
Striving to help them in all life succeed
Striving against school districts filled with greed
Striving with all of our energy we plead

Hoping that one day they'll be a pill that will work magic
Seeking Sunshine is a name that I use
Because every day in life I'm Seeking Sunshine for my son
To live not only a good life, but the best one

All children deserve the best
And nothing less
Sometimes the world and diagnoses can get in the middle
Of happiness

Inside my heart has broken many times
Like a glass shattering on the brown lanolium floor
When the world forces him to close one door
Because there was no money for those accommodations they could find

Forcing Goodbyes on a child
For whom transitions are filled with so much trouble
Forcing the things they worried
Would lead to trouble

All to save a school districts dollar
Not caring if my son becomes a bright young scholar
That's above their hopes and dreams
But not mine

They only have to provide
A "Free Appropriate Education"
I want my son to get a degree
Not a certificate of completion

There are big differences in what is "Adequate"
Between there eyes and mine
Until the world becomes more tolerant
I'll remain Seeking Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment