Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dance with my father again... Because you loved me...


My dearest father went to heaven to rest with Jesus Monday morning at exactly midnight.  He left people thinking until the end as the nurse's had to concur with each other about which day it would technically be because it was exactly 12:00 not even seconds after.  My mother is devastated of course.  They were married 39 years.  I am really missing my Daddy.  He lived right downstairs from me so we were pretty close.  He went peacefully which is something I prayed for.  Thursday night shortly after midnight he had a major heart attach.  The police came, did CPR and got his heart beating again, but he never regained consciousness.  They did all they could including putting him on a ventilator, giving him a central line IV, putting him in a hypothermic state to preserve whatever brain function was left, and keeping him in a medically induced coma on purpose.  My mother finally had to make the very hard decision to let him go to heaven.  He would never want to live on machines.  He was 88 and had a very good life.  He was healthy until the day of his heart attack.  He walked around, fed himself, toileted himself and bathed himself.  I will forever be missing him...

Honeybunches has been okay with things.  The hardest part for him I believe was when I was at the hospital with my Dad and not here at home.  That was the longest I've ever left him.  I mentioned to him that everyone might be sad for a while because they miss Grandpa.  If I'm not around much for a while, that is why.  The people from church have been awesome.  The ladies all got together and are making us meals for the next several days...

No comments:

Post a Comment