Thursday, May 24, 2012

The med game

Honeybunches has been doing a ton of lip puckering at home and school.  I was thinking that was signs of Tardive Dyskinesia presenting itself again, since we raised the Abilify a few weeks ago.  I called the pdoc and she agreed.  So we have to lower the Abilify back down to 5 mg 2x per day, leave his Cogentin at 1 mg 2x per day for a few days until the symptoms go away, and then can lower it back down to .5 mg 2x per day.  She mentioned his Lithium level was only .7 so she added 150 mgs to his night dose so he'll be on 300 am and 300 pm of the ER, plus a 150 capsule pm.  IDK why she is mixing the ER and regular, but we'll see how he does with it. He has never been on the capsules before.  It was always the pills.  I am thinking that next month when we see her we might have to consider switching the Abilify for Geodon or something other antipsychotic.  That would be my next choice though.  We have to be careful for his liver because of his "Fatty Liver" and high triglycerides.  We see her on June 13 and school gets out on the 14th, so that might be a good time to discuss changes.  I heard from the school.  We have his IEP meeting on June 10th to discuss Summer Planning and his placement for next year.  I hate changes.  I hate the med game.  Honeybunches has been doing so well behaviorally, but it's always something.  Now I wonder if things will go downhill again with the Abilify being lowered again.  I guess time will tell...

DH has been Mr Grouch again lately.  His meds still don't seem to be right.  He's full of anger, been yelling alot, etc.  Today we had a meeting at church where Pastor was talking about how people are concerned for him.  He could not even stay and walked out on the meeting.  He took the truck home, so I had to get a ride with Pastor when we were done talking.  I wish he could get stable and happy again.  It's not easy living with him when he's like this.  He's not aggressive, just really irritable.

No comments:

Post a Comment