Friday, May 25, 2012

Offensive Jokes

Day 1 of lowered Abilify and raised Lithium went well.  At Honeybunches' school there was a Memorial Day program.  Usually he wants nothing to do with it.  Yesterday in his book his aide wrote that Honeybunches said it was too noisy again.  I asked them to call me if he was not going to participate.  No phone call, so I went there.  I pulled up to the full parking lot of the brick school building.  I walked into the gymcafetorium (Gym, cafeteria, auditorium in one lol).  The children soon entered, but no Honeybunches.  I went to his classroom. His aide apologized and said that up until just a few minutes before it began he was planning on going, then changed his mind.  I said "It's fine".  I'd rather have them not make him go, because doing so might not have ended up with good results.  His aide asked if he wanted to come watch it with Mom.  Honeybunches said he did and he actually sat through the whole thing with me!  In the very crowded audience, that was a major accomplishment!

Honeybunches told me tonight "Mr ___ (1:1 aide) said that we should put my hair back on because he doesn't like mohawks.  Next year they should give me a different aide."  Honeybunches never takes jokes.  We asked him if his aide was kidding, but he said "Nope".  He never does understand when people are.  He took things very serious and told me to talk to his aide on Tuesday.  Honeybunches has done really well with his aide and they have a good relationship. He has been with Honeybunches since 1st grade, so for 3 full years now. However his aide said this really offended him.  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment