Monday, July 27, 2015

Honeybunches July 2015 Update

Thankfully, we were able to get Honeybunches back on the name brand Abilify. His psych nurse practitioner said that was thanks to my mood charts. Summer is going well for the most part. We successfully survived four nights at a motel at Hampton Beach (Which is right on the Atlantic Ocean) where we had lots of fun. The ocean is my happy place, where I am so relaxed. That's one place where I honestly did not mind waking up at 4 am, because of the beautiful artwork nature created on the beach at low tides in the morning before 1000s of footsteps trample over it. It was amazing! There is a quote by Amy Dykens "--It is hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, almost like therapy." That's exactly how I feel! Here are some examples of nature's early morning artwork:



The weekend of the 10th, Honeybunches, Daddy and I went camping at a favorite local campground for his birthday with Auntie R and her boyfriend G. We did things different for his birthday this year. None of his classmates ever come, so this year we didn't invite them to save some heartache from happening. We had a great time. We invited lots of family and some members from our old church. That was the biggest turnout he ever had at his party. We had lots of fun, although at times it seemed like too much for him. He had moments where he got overstimulated and needed his space. I don't think certain members of my family understand that concept. Overall, things went very well though.

It's hard to believe in five weeks my baby boy will be in middle school! I have so many concerns about that, as you can read in previous posts. Middle school is like a whole new world, especially after being at the same elementary school for the past seven years. He begins ESY tutoring today, with a teacher he'll have for Reading and Math. It's only 2 hours per day, M-Th for four weeks but hopefully it will help him not regress so much (Although it would be hard to document this year with teachers who are not familiar with him or where he was academically in June).


No comments:

Post a Comment