Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Honeybunches' Safety Plan + Aide Reprimanded

Today was Honeybunches' Field Day.  Right when I got to the school before I seen Honeybunches or he seen me the principal asked me if I had a minute. I said "Sure". We went into her office where the school psychologist (Who is also the school's IEP Chairperson), her and I talked for a few minutes. They apologized a few times for the incident where he was left outside alone at recess. The principal told me that the aide "Was spoken to". The school psych wrote up a revised Safety Plan (Adding in the last paragraph) while I was there watching Honeybunches' field day and wrote a clause in the IEP in reference to the Safety Plan. While I was there watching Honeybunches' field day, I seen the SPED Director car pull up. (Yeah, small town I know these things lol.) SPED Director man walked into the building with the principal lady. A while later Mrs. Understanding walked over, said something to the aide who walked away for a little while right before I had to leave. I am thinking that is when the SPED Director spoke with her. Just a couple minutes ago the SPED Director called me to let me know that he spoke with the aide today telling her "Something like this better never happen again". SPED Director also said him "And the superintendent wrote up a letter of reprimand for (The aide's) file regarding this incident". I am glad this incident was taken care of so quickly. They all admitted this incident was very wrong and never should have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment