Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BP, Autism, and Vegan... Valentine's Day Night Out...

On Saturday I began Honeybunches on the Vegan diet again.  Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and today went down without any issues at all.  He did "Awesome" at school and very good at home too!  Today I kept him home from school because he had the dentist appointment I had been dreading where he had to get the "Space gas" aka Nitrous Oxide.  That dentist truly is amazing.  Pediatric dentists seem so much better than general dentists... at least this one is!  Thankfully he did great and doesn't seem to have any lasting effects.  He was not hyper or anything today. Poor little man bit up his lip pretty bad though.  Bad Mommy gave him a hash brown after the appointment while his mouth was still numb from Novacaine but he was hungry.  While we were in that town, I went to the health food store and picked up a few things.  I bought some soy yogurt and Lite Life Smart Deli Pepperoni (Vegan) for me.  I bought him some Spiru-tein mix that is a Vegetarian, nondairy but not Vegan because it has bee pollen in the ingredients.  It is a high protein drink.  I mixed some with almond milk tonight and he loved it. I bought two single serve packs that were $1.99 each to try them before purchasing the container which was $22. I will go back Monday when we are in that town again and buy the bigger size.  I also bought 4 bags Daiya Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses.  I made some "Mac & Cheese" for lunch.  It was amazing, yummy, gooey, goodness. I just boiled some macaroni until it was tender, drained and rinsed it.  Then I turned the heat down to low, stirred in a few tablespoons of vegan friendly magerine and about 1/3 bag of the Daiya Cheddar.  Amazing! That stuff melted so well, passed Honeybunches' smell test and he liked it too. It was the best meal I'd had in a very long time.  At $5.49 a bag I'd hoped it would be good lol.  It melts so well that a bag will make 2-3 meals with a good amount of leftovers each. Today we went to the pdoc.  I told her how things were the month with meat and that soy cheese with casein.  She said "He must be meant to be a Vegan" and didn't judge. 

Yesterday my parents, DH, Princess and I went out for Valentine's Day.  Princess got to tag along because she had a gift card to the same movie theater we went to.  First my parents treated us out to eat at a busy diner which had delicious food and huge servings.  They made me a Vegan Veggie Wrap and an order of waffle fries.  I had so much I took some home for dinner tonight!  My father seemed concerned that DH didn't eat nor order anything.  My father took it as rude I guess.  He mentioned it about 10x during the meal that "Gee I wish he would eat something.  There has to be something here he likes".   It really bothered him a lot.  Angel watched Honeybunches.  I paid her $20.  He didn't have any issues for her.  :)  We seen The Vow which I really liked but DH didn't.  Oh well.  We had movie gift cards that my sis gave my father and I for our birthdays so we made the trip 35-45 minutes away.  The way there was about 35 minutes, but the GPS took us up over the curvy mountain and down the curvy mountain.  Even in the daytime I was scared lol.  So coming home I found a road I remembered and took that way. A bit longer, but a lot less nerve racking!  I had a really good time.  At the movie, I'm glad I had bought tickets early online because they yelled "7:15 to the Vow is sold out" as we arrived.  A nice couple gave their seats up to my parents which were handicapped seats.  My father was rolled around in a wheelchair because his legs were not stable yesterday.  DH sat in the row behind.   I sat on the stairs next to Princess and my parents.  Every seat in the theater was full.  I really liked the movie but not the ending.  


DH seems to have stopped messing with the synthetic "Weed".  He mentioned it made him hallucinate.  He's been sick for a week with some flu thing which helped him quit.  He admitted to that stuff being bad and addicting. He's in a better mood these days.  I hope that lasts.  Speaking of weed... outside the movies yesterday when we arrived my father was smoking his cigarette.  Princess mentioned "Oh that must be what stinks" pointing to the Budweiser sign on the resteraunt behind her.  "Um no honey that's not it.  Those people are smoking something that's not cigarettes."  People were standing next to us smoking weed like it was a cigarette!  They were very... um.... care free I guess we could say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment