Friday, September 7, 2012

And so the "Concerns" begin......

And so the concerns begin! Honeybunches' teacher called this morning with their "Concerns".  Honeybunches was running around the building killing spiders.  Then he had a "Meltdown" (IDK what that exactly consisted of, but that's what she said).  They have an empty room where the preschool used to be (That got moved to another school this year).  She set it up with a bean bag for him and turned the lights off thinking if he was overstimulated that might help him get more regulated.  She called to ask me what I thought happened and mentioned twice about if he had his medications this morning.  YES he did have them.  I seen him put them in his mouth and swallow them.  I said maybe he was testing.  They also believe he was overstimulated.  His teacher also mentioned how this morning he seen a frog kill another frog so maybe that traumatized him.  He does love frogs.  When he got off the bus I asked him why he was killing spiders.  He said "Cause I was angry".  I asked him why he was angry.  Of course his answer was "I don't know".  He has a very hard time expressing his thoughts sometimes, especially the why's about anything.  His teacher wrote in his communication book:

"His day was not the greatest.  It pretty much continued like it started.  Very silly, a little noncompliant.  He was not aggressive towards people, only spiders.  Very silly after lunch, a couple refusals at language time.  After (His aide) removed him to the room text to ours which is very quiet he settled down and did all his work....."

Just as I thought it sounds like he was overstimulated.  He mentioned the other day how there are all new children in his class except one child from last year.  Anxiety could be part of his problem too.  When I was cleaning out his lunch box tonight I realized he ate NOTHING at school today.  He didn't even take a bite of anything.  He loves cucumbers and dip.  I thought he would have at least ate a few bites of that.  That is definitely not like him.  He loves to eat and usually eats a lot.  IDK if he didn't eat cause he was angry or was angry cause he didn't eat.  He did eat a good breakfast.  I wonder if he was mad I packed PB&J?  IDK sometimes...

Oh yeah... yesterday while I was bringing my mother on some errands in another town I seen Shnooks.  We made eye contact for a few minutes.  Then as I was driving down the street with him behind me, I could see out the side mirror him giving me the middle finger.  Whatever... 

No comments:

Post a Comment